Saturday, March 6, 2010

I should be sleeping..

I really should be sleeping, but since I slept for like 12 hours last night, I'm not sleepy now. Its really going to suck in 4 hours when I have to get up for work. This will just be like old times, when I would be getting home from M's house at midnight and have to go in the next morning and set ad, except she's no longer the reason for me staying up. I am. I have spent the day completely reworking my computer. It got a virus on it, and I couldn't get it off, so I decided to reformat my comp, which meant putting a new OS on it, since I don't have a disk for XP. Unfortunately I had to put Vista on it. I hate Vista. I really want to get a new laptop. I saw a really good deal on a HP laptop today, but I didn't have $604.99 to shell out on it. I can't put it on my credit card either, because it has a $500 limit, and I need to finish paying it off. If I had my tax return back already then I could have gotten it, but as usual it seems to be taking forever for me to get that back. Next year I shall file differently. I'm tired of everyone else getting their returns back before me, when they filed after me. Especially when deals like this pop up, and I am unable to take advantage of them. Hopefully another deal like this will present itself when I am able to actually get it.

On another note, I was informed by UNC Charlotte (a school that I applied to) that I do not meet their minimum GPA requirements for them to consider me to join their school. Which really sucks, because I was really looking forward to going there. I am frustrated and confused though, because, according to my transcripts from UNC Chapel Hill, and ABTech, I have/had a 1.81 and a 3.75, respectively. Now those averaged together are over a 2.0, which leads me to believe that either they didn't get my ABTech transcript, or none of my credits transfer. If the latter is the case, then I will have to find courses that will transfer so that I can boost my GPA and apply again in the spring. Looks like I will get more pharmacy time around here though, which is good. I just wish I were able to work more hours there. I really want to find another job, part-time, that is more of a IT type job, where I can work on computers and learn about them. I would love to do that.

My grandparents are wanting me to move in with them and go to a local school around there, but I don't really see much of a difference in living there and here, aside from moving there would require me to start fresh. I could probably transfer to a target near there, but I would have to create a new social network, and figure out a potential other job, and so far, I haven't had much luck here, don't know that I'd do any better there. Moving in with them would have its pro's and con's. I'd have to weigh them both out, and talk to them more about it.

I also need to find a good church and youth group to get plugged into. I think surrounding myself with fellow believers that I can relate to and form friendships with and hang with would be beneficial. I just have to figure out when I'd be able to go and join a church. Work isn't working me full time anymore, but between work and school, its hard to do much in the way of church..

Anywho, I'm going to attempt to get about 3.5 hours of sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be fun. At least its not my 12 hour Sunday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment